O-1.1 REG 1 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY, 1996
71(1) An employer, contractor or owner shall ensure that suitable and readily accessible toilet facilities for workers:
(a) are provided at a place of employment, maintained and kept clean;
(b) are sufficient in number for the number of workers at the place of employment at any one time; and
(c) have adequate provisions for privacy, heat, light and ventilation.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) to (6), on and after July 1, 1997, the minimum number of toilet facilities required pursuant to subsection (1) is set out in Table 13 (Below).
(3) Where toilet facilities are likely to be used by persons other than workers, an employer, contractor or owner shall provide additional toilets in a number that is proportionate to the number set out in Table 13
below and, where use by those other persons is substantial and frequent, the employer, contractor or owner shall provide separate toilet facilities for those other persons.
(4) Where there are more than 10 workers and both are male and female persons are employed at any time, an employer, contractor or owner shall provide separate toilet facilities for workers of each six in numbers that are proportionate to the numbers of male and female persons employed.
(5) Where each toilet compartment is completely enclosed from floor to ceiling and has a door that can be locked from the inside, an employer, contractor or owner is deemed to have met the requirements of subsection (4).
(6) Where more than 100 male persons work or are likely to work on any shift and sufficient urinal accommodations are provided, the minimum number of toilet facilities set out in table 13 below may be reduced with the permission of an officer.
(7) An employer, contractor or owner shall ensure that each toilet facility required by this section:
(a) is used exclusively for the purpose for which the facility is designed:
(b) is free from any obstacle or obstruction that could prevent the facility from being used;
(c) is kept free of vermin;
(d) is supplied with toilet tissue at all times and with easily cleanable, covered receptacles for waste materials; and
(e) except in the case of a urinal, is equipped with an individual compartment and a door that can be locked from the inside.
cO-1.1 Reg 1 s71.
72 An employer, contractor or owner shall provide and maintain for the use of workers suitable facilities for personal washing that:
(a) are located near each toilet at a place of employment;
(b) have supply of clean hot and cold water or warm water, soap and clean towels or other suitable means of cleaning and drying;
(c) have an easily cleanable, covered receptacle for waste materials;
(d) are adequately heated, ventilated and lighted; and
(e) are kept in a clean and neat condition.
4 OCT 96
cO-1.1 Reg 1 s72.